Saturday, March 19, 2011

Need. To. Win

I was looking at the report I posted for the home game against W.B.A. Needless to say, I, like many fans, was angry after match.

I also said we could forget about the league title if we lost the next game to Chelsea... I really hope I'm wrong!

We'll start with the injuries. Vermaelen's season is over which is disappointing but looking at it, it was very optimistic of me to expect him to slot back into the team for the last few games and dominate everyone. Djourou is out for six weeks so I don't think we'll see his best again this season. Diaby has returned to his normal level of fitness (injured). And then Walcott, Song and Fabregas are out too.

At the time of writing, the team was announced:

Almunia, Sagna, Koscielny, Squillaci, Clichy, Wilshere, Denilson, Nasri, Ramsey, Arshavin, Van Persie

Ramsey!!!!!!!! In all seriousness though, I'd be surprised if he finished the match but I was afraid Rosicky would start in front of him today.

Also before I go into predictions, Arshavin has returned to best in the press as you'll find in the Daily Express (that's where I read it anyway). Sell him, Arsene.

As for the match, I'm nervous. West Brom have players capable of hurting us. They won't lie down and with Hodgson in charge, they'll defend stoutly and look to punish us on the break.

We need big performances from Wilshere, Nasri and Van Persie. It'd be unfair to expect too much from Ramsey and Denilson is lacking in confidence so as long as he doesn't make a major mistake, I'll be happy with him. Arshavin will be Arshavin. He'll either be lazy and give the ball away cheaply or he'll rip the West Brom backline to pieces. The former is the more plausible outcome nowadays.

I think we'll win. I don't think it'll be comfortable with the way things have been going lately but I'll take a 2-1 where the winner goes in off the back of the West Brom 'keeper's head. I don't care about style, just the three points today please.

No comments:

Post a Comment