Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Toon.

Newcastle will come today with one thing in mind: spoil. I'd be surprised if Andy Caroll is partnered by Ameobi today because Newcastle will leave themselves very open in midfield. So I expect a five-man midfield from them with the likes of Alan Smith and Joey barton asked to 'disrupt' our passing movements.

But, in reality, there isn't much they'll be able to do if we come out and play with full commitment. Fabregas will dominate and the likes of Walcott and Nasri will support him and should rip their backline to shreads.

I say 'should' because there is an uncertainty about how this team will come out and play. In our last two games, we've been average at best and if we don't lift the performances, a long day is in store. But I think with Fabregas back in the side, it's unlikely to happen.

Next on my agenda is the Van Persie call-up. It's a farce and I'm fuming about it. The Dutch coach, Van Marwijk, says he talked to our striker and then decided to call him up. If this is the truth then what the fuck is Van Persie playing at? He's been out for over two months while on our wage-bill and he has the cuntishness to declare himself fit for a pointless friendly. For me, it's the height of disrespect for Arsenal Football Club and he really should know better.

In other news, I read a few headlines about Wenger's 'affair' with some French rapper and that there was a club statement over it. In truth, I don't really care about it. The one thing I would say is that it's a shit excuse for a bad performance today.

I like the sound of 3-0. It's a pretty recurrent scoreline in this fixture and I think Walcott will continue his good run of goalscoring. Chelsea play Liverpool at Anfield today and despite their horrendous form the Scousers might pull one out of the bag. So, by tonight, there could possibly be only two points between us and Chelsea despite their far superior start to the season. Sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment